Husky-bw printer upgraded to Xerox printers
Michigan Tech IT has upgraded the former Kyocera (husky-bw) printers with high capacity/high efficiency Xerox WorkCentre 7855 printers to better meet the increased printing load on campus.
- AOB G004
- Dow 7th floor
- EERC Lobby
- Fisher 232
- M&M U203
When printing to the husky-bw queue on these dual-queue machines, students will not be charged. Any job sent to the husky-color queue will incur the standard color printing charge.
New Xerox husky-bw print drivers
- Navigate to Devices and Printers
- Click -> Add a printer You get a prompt for the type of printer you want to install.
- Click -> Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- Windows will start searching for available printers.
- Don't wait for it to finish scanning; click -> The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Provide printer URL.
- Choose -> Select a shared printer by name.
- Enter -> http://printing.it.mtu.edu:631/printers/husky-bw.
- Click -> Next. Windows will prompt you with a Add Printer Wizard to select your drivers.
- Click -> Have Disk. You will be prompted with a Install From Disk prompt.
- Click -> Browse. Navigate to the extracted drivers.
- Make sure x2DLUMX is selected.
- Click -> Open.
- Click -> OK When back in the Install From Disk prompt.
- Select the printer model.
- Select Xerox WorkCentre 5865 PCL6.
- Click -> OK.
- You may get a prompt Claiming Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software; this is due to the custom configuration modified within the driver to apply our setting on setup.
- Click -> Install this driver software anyway.
- Success! You added Husky-bw.
- Verify that the settings are correct.
- Right click on husky-bw.
- Click -> Printer properties.
- Go to the Configuration Tab and verify these settings:
- Connection: Off
- Paper Trays: 6 Trays (High Capacity Feeder and Tandem Trays)
- Finisher: Office Finisher
- Hole Punch Module: Installed
If you have any questions or concerns, please call IT Help at 487-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HuskyPrint Stations on Campus