Email Lists at Michigan Tech
Michigan Tech offers email lists for group communication. A general email list may be requested by any student, faculty or staff member. Subscribers are added and managed by the list owner. There are also automated class lists for Michigan Tech course sections where the list membership is restricted to those registered for the course.
Michigan Tech list services uses the Sympa List Manager, which includes:
- Discussion lists that allow any list member to post to the list.
- Announcement lists that restrict postings to designated persons only.
In addition to retaining an archive of postings for every list, The Sympa List Manager also allows:
- List owners to change list settings.
- Members to easily unsubscribe themselves.
if you log into the MTU List Server (http://lists.mtu.edu) with your Michigan Tech ISO username and password, you will be able to check your list subscriptions. If you are a list owner, you will also be able to administer your list.
To request a list for an organization or committee:
- Complete this short List Request Form (requires login) .
To request a list for a class section:
- Complete this short Class List Request Form for Instructors