How do I send a message to an email list?
You address your message to the list by entering the name of the list followed by a -L. For example: To: pingpong-L@mtu.edu
How do I subscribe to an email list?
- One way is to send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subscribe request in the subject. For example:
Subject: subscribe pingpong-L Leslie Jones
Substitue your own name for the example name shown above and substitute the list you wish to join for the sample list name above. Some lists will require the approval of the list owner. Once you are approved for the list you will receive a confirmation email.
- If the list is open to the public and you have an Michigan Tech email address, you may log in here: https://lists.mtu.edu and search for the list you want under the categorized List of Lists tab in the top menu. Note that only some clubs and groups list their email lists in this public listing. Click Subscribe to join the list.
- Contact the list owner and request to be added to the list. If you know the name of the list, you can always write to the list owner at an address following this pattern: To: pingpong-Lemail@example.com
How do I unsubscribe from an email list?
You can also unsubscribe in many ways. Note: students registered for a course may not unsubscribe from the class list.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the unsubscribe request in the subject. For example: Subject: unsubscribe pingpong-L
- If you have an Michigan Tech email address, you may log in here: https://lists.mtu.edu. You will see all lists to which you are subscribed. To leave any list, pick the list name and then pick Unsubscribe from the left menu.
- Contact the list owner to be removed from the list. See above for how to write to a list owner if you know the name of a list. We are always willing to unsubscribe someone if help is needed. Write to email@example.com and explain what you need.
How can I request a new email list?
Any employee or current student may request a new list. To request a list for an organization or committee, complete this short application form (requires login) List Request Form. To request a list for a class section, complete this short application form to specify list name and what course section should be included Class List Request Form for Instructors.
How do I find out what lists I am on?
Visit https://lists.mtu.edu and log in with your email address and your ISO password. At left you will see all lists you are a member of. If you own the list, you will see an Admin link next to the list name.